Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Three opamp instrumentation amplifier - how to compensate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsthebadger

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm designing a low noise instrumentation amplifier with the usual three opamp circuit. The frequency response is a bit high and a bit peaky at the top end. However, it only needs to be up to around a few kHz so I would like to kill off the response in a nice controlled way by adding some caps in the feedback paths or something... any suggestions?

I've never heard about combining a instrumentation amplifier with filter components.

The closest I get an answer by search on the web was **broken link removed**, and a payment site that take charge to allow you to download a chapter (may be scam).

I'm designing a low noise instrumentation amplifier with the usual three opamp circuit. The frequency response is a bit high and a bit peaky at the top end. However, it only needs to be up to around a few kHz so I would like to kill off the response in a nice controlled way by adding some caps in the feedback paths or something... any suggestions?

Most probably, the peaking at the end of the frequency band results from both input amplifiers (phase margin smaller than 60 deg). However, since your operating frequency is only a few kHz - why do you care about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.