Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This is a working RS232.... ICD2 !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is fds4435

I've bypassed HC126 buffers, and problem is solved.

icd2 connect to rs232

simce said:
I've bypassed HC126 buffers, and problem is solved.

Also you can try mount 33R - 82R resistors after buffers as partial series termination.

icd2 failed to read all of requested bytes

Also you can try mount 33R - 82R resistors after buffers as partial series termination.
A think it is not needed since i have still using 330 ohm from MCU to target connector
8)

explore 16 unable to connect with mplab icd 2

Hi All,

Have anyone used the ICD2 from this link h**p://icd2clone.narod.ru. Can I use it with a 3.3v target and 5v target with MPLAB 6.6. Please advice. Thank you.

Regards

18f1320 bootloader

ColdFire said:
Hi All,

Have anyone used the ICD2 from this link https://icd2clone.narod.ru. Can I use it with a 3.3v target and 5v target with MPLAB 6.6. Please advice. Thank you.

Regards

You can use ICD2clone 3 3 for from 2.0V to 5.5V targets with any released MPLAB 6.x.

icd2 18f877

i loaded this file from mcu.cz but don't know if its correct.

pic16f877a icd2

In original ICD2 **broken link removed** from microchip when the resistance of MCP41010 is at its highest value Vprog is at its lowest value and viceversa, but in CD´s design when the resistance of MCP41010 is at its highest value Vprog is also at its highest value and viceversa.
Can anyone explain that?

icd2 serial command

mabbri said:
In original ICD2 **broken link removed** from microchip when the resistance of MCP41010 is at its highest value Vprog is at its lowest value and viceversa, but in CD´s design when the resistance of MCP41010 is at its highest value Vprog is also at its highest value and viceversa.
Can anyone explain that?

The schematic in 0430_004.pdf is NOT original ICD2 from microchip.

Last edited by a moderator:

zaphod42 bootloader

Ok, but the same difference exists between Jenda´s scheme and CD´s scheme

read file schdoc

Hi, I'm from Colombia and I'm a new member at this forum.

I'm new on this, so I'm lost :roll: .

I wonder if someone can tell me which is the url where the schematic and some info of the ICD2 clone is avaliable.

Does the clone work properly with the dsPIC30F4011/4012??? :?:

Regards.

Magic Book Man (from Barranquilla,Colombia).

icd2 serial

Testu,thi ICD2 from //.narod.ru use PIC16F876,is it work? what about the bootloader for it?is the file ICD661.hex?

pic16f628a unable to enter debug mode

Helló Joe123!

What the Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4,Q5,Q6 and diode the ICD2.schdoc

tellhun

joe123 said:
Hello All... Now I hope I dont get shot for asking this question....

Ive decided to build an ICD2. I have read and read this forum up and down and gotten a fairly good understanding of what I need to do..

1. I will be using a 16F877A thus I must program with BootLoader.hex (also known as BootLoader16F877A.hex). WRT set to enabled and HS as the oscillator configuration. I can then automatically update with new frimware from MPLAB.

2. I have a set of about 10 different schematics downloaded from this and other threads. Unfortunetally, I cannot make sence of which one is the most curent and functional (I now many of the early versions had minor errors which were copied into other members versions). I am not interested in USB since it is too hard to get a hold of the Cypress USB IC.. Can someboody PLEASE direct me to the most current shematic..

Below are some of the schematics I'v found.

Regards: Joe

rs232 use mosfet

I assembled the board with exactly same components.
But I see +7.5 / -7.5 at MAX232's pin2 and pin6.
I corrected the C12 also, nothing changed...

PC can connect to ICD and download firmware. But when I try to program a part at target, it fails. I read 0x1ff part number even there is no target chip installed.

Charge pumps are running.
I see ~10V at the input of LM317. And When I try to program a part, I see Vpp is ~6V. What's wrong?

18f877 with 18f877a

Hi,
Which board did you used ???
You must have ~15V at the LM317 entry. Look at your LM317 connections, be sure the diodes from the charge pump are correctly mounted.

CD:°

...programming goto 0x00 command

I've icd2_dip.pcb board of crazyduck.

I checked diodes, seems ok...

is there anyone could make this board work?

failed to read all of requested bytes icd2

nightmare3ihut said:
Testu,thi ICD2 from //.narod.ru use PIC16F876,is it work? what about the bootloader for it?is the file ICD661.hex?

It's working with PIC16F876A and ICD661.hex (firmware).

icd2 reverse engineering

Hi,
I've realized two ICD2 boards and the both work fine. I've test some voltage points and I found this:

~10V at the input of LM317 and 12,7V at the output.

You must have to program your 16F877A with the correct firmware (look on this topic)

ccs for pic 877a rs232c

crazyduck said:
Hi,
I've realized two ICD2 boards and the both work fine. I've test some voltage points and I found this:

~10V at the input of LM317 and 12,7V at the output.

You must have to program your 16F877A with the correct firmware (look on this topic)

Hi,

@Crazyduck
Can you please clear up (regarding your schematics), what is the correct polarity for the capacitor C12 (pins 4,5 of MAX232) and also the capacitor C10 (pin 2 of MAX232 to GND?). Kindly please explain us what is correct as you have uploaded several schematics (pdf,protel etc etc) and in all of them pin 4 of MAX232 has the minus (-) of 10uf. However in this same thread (above), others have said that this is wrong!
Also regarding the capacitor C10 from pin2 of MAX232 (10uf), in your schematics always plus (+) is at pin2 and minus (-) is connected to GND. Is this correct ? Incidentaly mcu.cz has same polarity in their schematics for cpacitors C10 and C12! Can you please clear this small issue?

B.R.

74hct126 74hc126

Hi sysop104 and everybody,

Ooops I've not see this problem. I just look on the max232 datasheet, and C12 is inverting !!!
But not C10.
I'll take a look at my boards, and change C12's polarity if it's wrong.
I'll said my results.

CD :?

icd2 16f876

Hi,
I'm very confused, I've make a mistake on my ICD2 schematic. The C12 must be invert.

Sorry......

CD :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back