Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Thinking of Designing a New System........Need to know how a Optical Reader Works....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sole_developer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to know how an optical reader in a portable audio player works........I am planning on interfacing it with a computer to see how it works (any help on achieving this...I was planning on using VC++...anything better please advise)..... I mean, how data is being read (what instructions do what...), etc....I am in the process of connecting it to the PC and getting the results,,,,please suggest any software that I can use (I don't have an Osiclloscope)...so like a computer version of it!!

Thanks in advance
65_1289581060.jpg

If you want to check signals using a computer, try a logic analyzer. Its almost like an oscilloscope, obviously can't detect higher frequencies, but it connects to usb and comes with software. Also, I am sure that if the optical reader you are using has a part number, you can find the data sheet.

Best of luck

Thank you again......This is a optical reader from a CD Player, I assume that most of them function the same way...SO i will look around...thank you....by the way....I heard of Oscilloscope Software, I feed the input into the Parallel Port and it maps it into an Oscilloscope software.....still looking around...thank for your help......

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Well still no luck....will keep you posted....but by any chance do have you run into any datasheets for CD Player Lens Unit.....I found a couple ..going thorugh them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back