Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The improvement on PSRR in terms of medicals or biomedicals reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexang1983

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I really need an help.
I need to justify the improvement on PSRR in terms of medicals or biomedicals reasons.
I absolutely have to find a connection between the PSRR improvemnet in a speaker devices with the audilogy. What I am looking for is a kind of study , article , startup point in which is clear and explained a link between PSRR improvement in portable devices (or PSRR in general) and audio quality for the user...The ideal is to find a paper where it's explained why for some applications like earphone or something like this a PSRR >100dB is required ...the explanation I need has to be very medical or biomedical (i.e. plots or equations or complete study that demonstrate relationship between PSRR and audio quality or maybe just an answer to this question : Why PSRR>100dB is needed for some speakers?)
Plese help me I really need even with a link or a place where starting my research
Every kind of feddback is accepted
Thank you to everyone
Best regards

REALLY NEED HELP

Sorry I can't point you to what you want exactly but maybe you could try to find paper relating the psrr with the output noise (due to the supply) and SNR.
If speaking of biomedical applications my guess is that it may be related with speech intelligibility, the lowest sound that can be heard or comfort (I'm thinking of the hum at twice the grid frequency) (just a guess), besides you would need to have a very poor supply and decoupling and not use feedback to have problems. Also I guess you should take a look at what transducer systems are capable of and see if such a high psrr really makes any difference (afaik transducer systems are the weak link in the audio chain so maybe you should take a quick look on that).
Of course this is just my point of view, I may be completely wrong.
Regards.

Re: REALLY NEED HELP

pls go through THESE ATTACHMENTS they might be usefull to u

Attachments

• slyt280_1613.pdf
    229.9 KB · Views: 62
REALLY NEED HELP

PSRR is measuring mains hum interference on an audio device. A portasble device doesn;t use the mains for power (it uses a DC battery) so it doesn't have hum from the mains on its power supply voltages.

I think you mean Common-mode noise rejection ratio, not power supply noise rejection ratio.
A differential input and common-mode noise negative feedback to the patient (leg) is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back