Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

the 4th and 6th active band stop filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon mugo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, I have a challenge where I need to design 4th and 6th order active bandstop filters. I don't know where to start since am a newbie in the area of integrated circuit design. I am hoping to get some information here.
I did the 2nd and the 3rd order active bandstop filters successfully and am confused if the fourth order and the sixth order are the combinations of the two. Help!

For clarification, how are you counting filter order? Order of the transfer function (number of poles) or order of the filter polynomial (number of pole pairs in case of bandpass/bandstop)? As you are talking about 2nd and 3rd order bandstop, I presume the latter.

Usually filters are designed using bessel, butterworth or chebyshev polynomials. They have unique parameters for each order. A 4th or 6th order bandstop can't be constructed by cascading lower order filters of the same type. But it can be always designed by cascading 1th order building blocks (with 2nd order transfer function) .

Starting question would be, what is the intended filter characteristic (pass- and stop band specificaton)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back