Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Test Pattern Generator Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafgamo

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am very new to these topics and i need to design a test pattern generator. Can anyone help me on where to start? What topics should I read? And are TPGs analog or digital? or maybe both?

I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Silly question, do you mean a physical TPG or for simulation?

I'm really sorry for the silly question. I will be using the TPG for simulation.

You didn't really sound rude. I just thought that my question was silly. I really know very little about this topic. Thanks For the help.

- - - Updated - - -

Are physical TPGs those that are used in BISTs?

Many physical TPGs in a BIST use things like an LFSR as they are simple and easily implemented and will run at very high clock rates. For the most part they give reasonable PRBS for self testing and built in pattern data generation for say loop back packet processing.

AFAIK, BIST can use digital structures such as ads-ee mentioned, LFSR. Some of them also use physical parameters to create PRBS such as PUFS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_unclonable_function)

I was looking (and thinking on taking) this course form Udacity on hardware verification:
**broken link removed**

They show a few techniques such as "directed" random testing and maximum coverage of tests and so on.

Actually, there is no free online pattern generator in the internet world this is true, I'm sorry to say that. But if you really need design pattern I refer go the google and search clipping path, you have seen lots of company, but India, a company is the best for design pattern and clipping path job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back