Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tessent scan insertion library

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria62

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I have created a gate-level netlist from my design using Synopsys DC. Now I am trying to do the scan insertion in the Tessent shell. I assume that after reading the Verilog netlist, Tessent needs to read a library file with the .lib extension. From an example, I noticed that this library is something like Spice library that contains some models of flip-flops and logic gates. Does anybody know how this library can be obtained? Should I create some libraries manually for the scan insertion?
Having said that I have used freepdk45 for creating the gate-level netlist and it doesn't contain any lib file for scan insertion.

Thanks

Hi.

I have created a gate-level netlist from my design using Synopsys DC. Now I am trying to do the scan insertion in the Tessent shell. I assume that after reading the Verilog netlist, Tessent needs to read a library file with the .lib extension. From an example, I noticed that this library is something like Spice library that contains some models of flip-flops and logic gates. Does anybody know how this library can be obtained? Should I create some libraries manually for the scan insertion?
Having said that I have used freepdk45 for creating the gate-level netlist and it doesn't contain any lib file for scan insertion.

Thanks
The scan ffs are available in standard library kits (.db/.lib). If you want a scan chain, then this has to be enabled during the synthesis in DC. Synthesizer will pick scan ffs from the provided library for that. Std cell libraries in .db/.lib format have the timing power/delay information in tabulated format.

The scan ffs are available in standard library kits (.db/.lib). If you want a scan chain, then this has to be enabled during the synthesis in DC. Synthesizer will pick scan ffs from the provided library for that. Std cell libraries in .db/.lib format have the timing power/delay information in tabulated format.
Thank you Ranaya. The format of the .lib file available in freepdk45 library is different from the .lib needed in Tessent. To solve the problem, I converted the available stdcells.v file to a model library using libcopm and then I modified it manually to obtain such a definition:

Code:
model NAND2_X1(A1, A2, ZN) (
  cell_type = NAND;
  input(A1, A2) ()
  output(ZN) (primitive = _nand(A1, A2, YZN)
)

while the definition in stdcells.lib in freepdk is like:

/******************************************************************************************
   Module           : NAND2_X1
   Cell Description : Combinational cell (NAND2_X1) with drive strength X1
  *******************************************************************************************/
  cell (NAND2_X1) {
    drive_strength      : 1;
    area                : 0.798000;
    pg_pin(VDD) {
        voltage_name : VDD;
        pg_type      : primary_power;
    }
    pg_pin(VSS) {
        voltage_name : VSS;
        pg_type      : primary_ground;
    }

cell_leakage_power  : 17.393360;
    leakage_power () {
        when           : "!A1 & !A2";
        value          : 3.482556;
    }
    leakage_power () {
        when           : "!A1 & A2";
        value          : 24.799456;
    }
    leakage_power () {
        when           : "A1 & !A2";
        value          : 4.085038;
    }
    leakage_power () {
        when           : "A1 & A2";
        value          : 37.206389;
    }
    pin (A1) {
        direction       : input;
        related_power_pin       : "VDD";
        related_ground_pin      : "VSS";
        capacitance     : 1.599032;
        fall_capacitance    : 1.529196;
        rise_capacitance    : 1.599032;
    }
    pin (A2) {
        direction       : input;
        related_power_pin       : "VDD";
        related_ground_pin      : "VSS";
        capacitance     : 1.664199;
        fall_capacitance    : 1.502278;
        rise_capacitance    : 1.664199;
    }
    pin (ZN) {
        direction       : output;
        related_power_pin   : "VDD";
        related_ground_pin  : "VSS";
        max_capacitance     : 59.356700;
        function        : "!(A1 & A2)";

Last edited by a moderator:

aria62

That is the right approach to convert stdcells.v file to a model library using libcopm. Hence you are provided with libcomp from Siemens/mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back