Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature Graph on TFT LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg29

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,
I need to display Graph & values of Temperature readings from 8 different sources, i.e. 8-channel temperature scanner. These readings have to be shown on 10.4" TFT LCD ( coloured) along with their live graph. I don't know where to start & how to start. I'm familiar with PIC16F & PIC18F series microcontollers. Do I need ARM9 for this typr of project. I have to keep the production cost minimum, so I need to design as much hardware & ssoftware as possible.

Waiting for your replies, Thanks a lot,

With best regards,
Garg

Hi,
Microchip have a graphic library for working with displays (for pic24,dsPic)
**broken link removed**

microchip has a demo board with SSD graphic controller. they also provide the graphics liberary for that controller. the display is 3.5" in size. you can replace the display with your 10"display. it should work if you modify the display specific code as all large size display are RAM less displays.

hock

Thanks a lot for replying.
It's not that I have to work with only Microchip controllers. I can work with other ones also, Please suggest me the best method.

TFTs can be expensive.. are you sure you need colour???

Hello!

I would say you don't need an ARM processor to do that.
The reason is that temperature usually varies slowly.
Of course it depends on your application, but I would say
that if you sampling frequency is around a few Hz, then you
have plenty of time to update your graphs.

I am using a TFT with touch panel (CPU = MSP430) for
static graphics. It works fine although there is no DMA between
the CPU and the screen.

Of course, you cannot display moving pictures, but apparently
it's not what you want.

Dora.

PIC Graphics Libary is very easy and very perfect for this project. You should try it. I ve been using it for a graphical sensor representation.

Thanks Fajarelektro for replying. Can you Please tell me which controller are you using & with what type & size of display are you using. Thanks once again,
Regards

faijur said:
hi,

i want to get interface lcd monitor with atmega64. Is there anyone to help me?

Be more specific

*about the connection/protocol.
*Color or not
*Do u mean computer monitor? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.