Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphic LCD Data generator for ST7565R display controller

nbjasani23

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using COG 128 x 64 LCD Module with ST7565R controller. I am interfacing it with microcontroller. Now i want to design graphic pages for this LCD module. My question, can somebody suggest the software which can able design graphic pages for this LCD and generate output data for microcontroller?

Regards,
Nandish

Hi,

Im not sure what you are asking for.

Just designing a picture ... any graphics tool that comes with a PC OS will do.
Good old Windows Paint for example.
For sure there are many many better ones. It depends on what you want to do.

then you ask for "generate output for the microcontroller".
Are you aware that you give no information about the used microcontroller, the used IDE, the language ....

And then ... we still don´t know
* how the microcontroller has access t the picture (source). It could be in internal code memory (flash), external EEPROM, SD-Card, USB-Stick, via serial interface, internet.... or many other ways.

* how the microcontrolelr communicates with the display. Interface and wiring..

* in which format you want the picture to be stored. How many colors, compressed or not ....

I guess you have to do your homework first ... then ask elaborated questions.

Klaus

Hello!

I (may) understand what he asks.
In some graphics programs, there is a way to export the graphic to C array.
BUT: if you are using a 1 bit display, then you have to do it yourself. That's
what I did when I used smaller monochrome LCDs.
One way to do it:
- Convert your image to bmp
- Export it as a C array
At that point, depending on the C format you get, you may have 1 pixel per byte,
starting top left, ending bottom right.
Now you have to pack pixel 1 of line1, pixel 1 of line 2 .... pixel 1 of line 8 to 1 byte.
Then pixel 2 of line 1, pixel 2 of line 2 ..... pixel 2 of line 8 to 1 byte, etc...
And you can end up with an array directly writable to a 1 bit LCD, 8 pixels at a time.
Have fun, although it's a pain where you know.

Dora.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: