Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temperature Coefficents of a resistor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharatsmile2007

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

For a given technology,where can we find the TC(temperature coefficent) values for different types of resistors?

Thanks

You can find them in the design rule manual.

If you don't have, you can get it through simulation.
Just bias the resistor with constant current source, without any DC voltage, and simulate it over temperature. Then you plot the voltage across it. You will see, how the voltage change over temperature, which is related to the resistor TC.

Thanks for the info.

But when i tried to simulate the way u told... there is no varition in the current over temperature...

bharatsmile2007 said:
Thanks for the info.

But when i tried to simulate the way u told... there is no varition in the current over temperature...
you are biasing your resistor with a perfect current source, of course there is not variation in the current over temperature. But there would be variation in the voltage across the resistor because the resistance varries with temperature.

Thanks ytliang...

i am going simulation in cadence....

when i ploted voltage vs temperature..its also constant....

when u see the propoerties of resistor..there are filed in which i have to input the TC values....but i dont have the desgin rule mannul...thats the problem...

check the below image....

The way propose by ENDRU is valid if you have resistor model.
If you have that put the model name in the property form.

Status
Not open for further replies.