Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Synchronous Operation Using Buffer SN74HC245N

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsw1216

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i transfer data from one MCU to another MCU using the buffer SN74HC245N ? DO i need a special set of instruction to control the data transfer?

I am still new in dealing with buffer. Your suggestions or recommendations will be welcomed and appreciated.

If you can directly connect 8-pin port of one microcontroller to another microcontroller you don’t need a buffer ..

A tri-state buffer will be necessary only when you try to connect together more than two devices, but that’s totally different story ..

IanP
:D

nsw1216

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
means for 2 mcu, just direct connect 8-pins of 2 mcu together without buffer ?

how about if more than 2 mcu connected together ? how the buffer function ? do i need a special set of instructions ?

nsw1216 said:
means for 2 mcu, just direct connect 8-pins of 2 mcu together without buffer ? .. how about if more than 2 mcu connected together ? how the buffer function ? do i need a special set of instructions ?

In microcontrollers ports can be defined as inputs or outputs, so even if you connect several microcontrollers together and you assume that only one will be sending data at a time, even then, you may get away without buffers ..

In any case, you need some additional control lines (similar to the parallel port) that will help to control the flow of data ..

What exactly are you trying to do ..

IanP
:|

nsw1216

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am trying to write a program which control the movement of a robot like servo, brushless, power window and etc....
Due to the pin of one MCU is not enuf thus need to combine two MC together.

Status
Not open for further replies.