Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sync buck convrter problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The waveform looks better without the capacitor.

I have been trying in various ways to get a waveform like you get with the capacitor. It looks like ringing due to LC oscillations. However the cap also appears to produce a volt level which interferes with operation. It's as though the active component(s) lose their reference. This might occur (for example) when the bias can't turn on a transistor/mosfet due to the emitter leg being at too high a volt level.

One thing I often see in simulations, is high-frequency ringing after the coil has discharged. These go away as soon as the transistor turns on. I have found it helps to install a 1k resistor across the diode. Try lower values as necessary.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Also remember, a charged coil must never be isolated by sudden high resistance, even momentarily. The current must have somewhere to go.

Otherwise the collapsing flux field will generate a high voltage kick which will go through neighboring components, quite possibly ruining them.

Are you trying to select randomly ?? with events ??? it isn't design . you should learn , how to design . this way isn't correct and your value isn't correct too .
i got a question though. why have written that i need 100uF bootstrap capacitor in one of the pictures?
Vce vs. Vdiode.JPGthe switch voltage (yellow) and the diode voltage (blue).
D vs. Vout.JPGD vs. Vout.JPGthe duty cycle/gate (yellow) and the output voltage (blue)

i'm sorry. because of the limited supplies that's the reason why i did that. but don't worry, i've followed the way you have calculated and tried varying other values to fit each other. this is what i got

The waveform looks better without the capacitor.

I have been trying in various ways to get a waveform like you get with the capacitor. It looks like ringing due to LC oscillations. However the cap also appears to produce a volt level which interferes with operation. It's as though the active component(s) lose their reference. This might occur (for example) when the bias can't turn on a transistor/mosfet due to the emitter leg being at too high a volt level.

One thing I often see in simulations, is high-frequency ringing after the coil has discharged. These go away as soon as the transistor turns on. I have found it helps to install a 1k resistor across the diode. Try lower values as necessary.

---------- Post added at 12:54 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Also remember, a charged coil must never be isolated by sudden high resistance, even momentarily. The current must have somewhere to go.

Otherwise the collapsing flux field will generate a high voltage kick which will go through neighboring components, quite possibly ruining them.

i've tried the experiment again. apparently the inductance wasn't enough and the capacitance is too high. so, i have calculated and simulated before carrying out the experiment. i've uploaded the picture. is that right? and no more ringing, i think.

by the way, i tried with 10 ohms..it burnt. i guess the current was too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back