Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Studying the Constellation diagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish.mw

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am a communication engineering student. I have studied digital communication subject and i am aware of how to draw constellation diagram for the basic switching schemes till QPSK. But whenever the case of M-ary signaling comes, i am not able to locate some good source to study and refer to for constellation diagrams. Moreover, the book that i followed did not mention or shows the other uses of the diagram like its relation to probability of error and all.
Can you please explain the significance of the constellation diagram and how to plot them for m-ary signaling and for multiple different amplitudes etc. and if possible please help me locate some good study material which i can find in my college library. I shall be highly obliged.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Have you tried Digital Communication by Simon Haykins?

Yes, all my studies have been done from Haykins only, but to much concern I am looking for a dedicated material on Constellation diagrams. Please suggest me if you can. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.