Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor connected to Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.
for shift register on the rising edge of clock pulse the data present on the D pin will be transfered to Q0, then on the next pulse again data present on D will be transfered to Q0 while the previous Q0 value will be shifted to Q1 and so on...
so you need either a high or low level on D pin...
while in RS232 when you send a single character it is send like
Start bit --> 8 bit character data --> Stop bit
read about RS-232....

we already solved the problem..can you teach us the algorithms used in controlling the stepper in matlab?thank you

for shift register on the rising edge of clock pulse the data present on the D pin will be transfered to Q0, then on the next pulse again data present on D will be transfered to Q0 while the previous Q0 value will be shifted to Q1 and so on...
so you need either a high or low level on D pin...
while in RS232 when you send a single character it is send like
Start bit --> 8 bit character data --> Stop bit
read about RS-232....

thanks for the reply...
do you know how to control the stepper motor in matlab?

yes but I have done it using LPT port...
for serial port I have done it with micocontroller, in which I send the data using serial and the controller receive the data and then drive the motor....

yes but I have done it using LPT port...
for serial port I have done it with micocontroller, in which I send the data using serial and the controller receive the data and then drive the motor....

What is LPT port?what microcontroller you used?because my microcontroller is Z80 encore..Zilog..

by the way, do you know how motion tracking, can be done in matlab?thanks..

sorry for the many questions...

LPT port is the parallel port in your computer DB-25 connector for further please search it on google trust me it works.....!!
you can use any microcontroller....!!

i haven't worked on zilog..
if you use db-9 it means it is serial RS-232 so just search how to communicate with serial in zilog...
once you receive the data from serial into zilog then you can drive stepper motor with it...
also you have to learn how to send data to serial port using matlab for which you can consult the following link just look at the matlab part ignore the PIC microcontroller...
14. SERIAL COMMUNICATION BETWEEN PIC16F628A AND MATLAB. - File Exchange - MATLAB Central

i haven't worked on zilog..
if you use db-9 it means it is serial RS-232 so just search how to communicate with serial in zilog...
once you receive the data from serial into zilog then you can drive stepper motor with it...
also you have to learn how to send data to serial port using matlab for which you can consult the following link just look at the matlab part ignore the PIC microcontroller...
14. SERIAL COMMUNICATION BETWEEN PIC16F628A AND MATLAB. - File Exchange - MATLAB Central

thanks for the reply..but we decided to control the motor by matlab

yes you use matlab to send data to zilog, then the zilog will drive the motor...
because in serial communication you need to receive and process the data can't directly drive the motor from serial port...

yes you use matlab to send data to zilog, then the zilog will drive the motor...
because in serial communication you need to receive and process the data can't directly drive the motor from serial port...

that what im talking about...the problem is the algorithm use in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back