Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

state of rechargeable battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajashri.Shevale

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have Lipo-Battery. I want to charge it with solar panel as well as through AC adapter. I want my battery will charge with solar panel when sunlight is coming otherwise it will automatically switch to AC adapter. in this system i want my circuit will continuously check the state of battery. then to acheive this what should i do in my circuit.

Maybe I am too simplistic at thinking you are being too complicated....

If you can 'break' the adapter/charger - where the DC feeds the charger - I would simply put them in parallel with isolating diodes

A Li-Po battery is dangerous and can expode or catch on fire if it is not charged and discharged correctly.
Use a battery charger IC designed to charge a Li-Po battery.

A Li-Po battery cell voltage is a minimum of 3.2V when its load should be disconnected, is a maximum of 4.20V when it is fully charged and its charging current has reduced to a small amount and is an average voltage of 3.7V during a discharge. When it is charging its voltage rises slowly to 4.20V where the charger should limit the voltage but it is only about 70% charged. You must measure the charging voltage AND the charging current to determine the state of charge. You might use the discharging voltage to determine how much charge remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.