Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Standard deviation in Monte Carlo noise simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need some help to handle the following problem. I am simulating output noise of a circuit using Monte Carlo simulation. So, I obtain a mean and standard deviation for the integrated output noise of my circuit. The integrated output noise power represents the standard deviation on my signal. So I would like to calculate what is the global standard deviation on my signal, considering that the variance introduced by my noise on the signal has its proper mean and variance obtained by Monte Carlo simulation.

Regards,
Emmanuel

Are you convinced that noise model params have valid MC behavior? In my experience this is rarely true (who takes data of that extent, to fit "the noise on the noise"?).

Might look at the lowest layer of the models to see if the noise params have MC functions associated, or just numbers w/ no stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.