Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

stability feedback connection physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,the component shown bellow is supposed to spabilise the gain over frequency range.
Is there some physical explanation i can use to see the this effect in mathematical way?
Thanks.

1624131233089.png

Is there some physical explanation i can use to see the this effect in mathematical way?
In simple words, the Drain-Source voltage VDS is supposed to be the inverse of the Gate-Source voltage VGS, so any connection among Drain and Gate would act as a negative feedback addition, therefore the above RLC circuit would avoid oscillation at its natural frequency.

Hello Andre, the general rule for stability is the barkausen stability criteria as shown bellow.
Here we have a negative feedback ,the only thing i know that when AB=-1 we are going to have oscilations
given the expression bellow Why exactly at resonance frequency of the loop RLC we will get a more stable signal then at other frequencies?

how do i know the beta value in the real circuit?
Thanks.
1624137949588.png

You surelly know that a negative feedback means that there will hava a compensation on the input stage due to the output stage; considering that the series RLC circuit have its smallest impedance ( the higher β ) at its resonant frequency, it is expected that most of the signal component at this frequency will be damped.

Status
Not open for further replies.