Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SRAM design, books' name request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictou

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have been assigned to design a 6T SRAM (high speed, a few GHz). I've never done this before and I'm now looking for books that could help me in order to know better about the subject. As my budget is low, I don't want to buy a book that doesn't contain enough information or is too far from my subject.

I'm looking for a book or books that contain the following subjects about 6T SRAM, idealy presentation of the issue and leads in order to solve it properly/efficiently :
- Write failure / margin / noise
- Read failure / margin / noise
- Retention failure / noise
- Assist read and write circuitry
- Static Noise Margin (SNM)
- Intra-die mismatch
- Inter-die mismatch
- Access-time failure
- Gate / subthreshold / junction leakage
- Collapse pulse width
- Delay penalties
- Fine-tune read and write margins
- Statistical approach to design a SRAM cell

I could keep going for a long time and it will be useless as I think readers already get the point. In short, I'm looking for a book or books that could help me start designing SRAM cells properly (I don't want to tinker, but design, at least most of the time :oops:).

I started reading articles about 6T SRAM, it allowed me to understand the subject better, but I don't think that I can really design a SRAM from articles only.

Maybe someone could share his way of learning how to design something new?

Thank you very much for your help,
Happy new year!

Pictou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back