Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Special Variable resistor with NO/NC button Intrfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhukaran3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Team,
I need one variable resistor provided with push button . Variable resistor should have a tactile switch in knob head. That switch will used for selection option.

My application is instead of keypad I am going to implement new system. There is no more buttons apart this selection swith. Every actions will be controlled by the Potentio meter and one Switch..

My bad luck I cant get those switches with pot. Kindly share your ideas if know about it

i dont know what the power level will be in the resistor?, but you can put tactile switch into pic and then get pic to vary the resistance with a digital pot say...microchip do them.
It seems like what you want though is an actual pot where the resistance is changed, or the wiper is moved , by repeatedly pressing a button, and i dont think such thing exists in standalone off the shelf form.

Hi Treez,
I have seen that switch with Pot in Hemotherm machine used in Medical field. Operation is simple. It should carry 5V. From the variable resistor I will get ADC value, from the Tactile switch I will get signal(NO/NC).. Switch and Pot operation should be independent

Hi,

look for "EEPOT".

Added:
Or "digipot" or "digital potentiometers"

* Microchip has a lot of them.
MCP401x (volatile) or
MCP402x (non volatile)

Klaus

Hi Treez,
I have seen that switch with Pot in Hemotherm machine used in Medical field.

Most likely the potentiometer/button combo were custom made.

As I have mentioned in a thread in the Retro Electronics section, I haven't seen a button/potentiometer combination in decades.

Heck, even plain old potentiometers are going away. Nowadays most commercial products employ encoders or hall sensors as their rotary input devices. Or the function is performed virtually on a touch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.