Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] alternative inrush resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjeggefjes

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have an defektive Vincotech S30814-Q791-A inrush resistor. https://www.vincotech.com/products/inrush-resistor.html,
  • R = 100 Ω E(pulse) = 66 J
  • Pcont = 4 W
  • SIL / THT
  • Thick film technology
  • 750 V
The resistor is mecanicly broken after the inverter was droped.
I'm not able to get hold of this resistor in smal numbers and wonder if anyone can recomend a replacement of this rersistor?

So I can just replace this with a resistor with the same resistance and equal or higher power rating? So there are no special functionality on theese inrush resistors?

The resistor appears flat at vincotech's website. Like a fin of a heat sink shaped to dissipate heat. The description makes it sound special but I don't see why 100 ohms of whatever you can get isn't satisfactory. I suppose it's a good idea to create access among your arrangement for air cooling, and fasten it firmly to the enclosure.

Thank you for the claification. This is not my strongest field of knowledge so this helps alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.