Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Spartan 3E - CO Gas Sensor MQ-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprilwulan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi..
This is what I have this far,
I want to connect FPGA Spartan 3E and MQ-7 CO gas sensor. Firstly, I know that this sensor is analog device. So that I have to convert the signal. I'm intend to use Analog Capture Circuit from Spartan 3E board. MQ-7 need 2 kind of voltage: 5V and 1.4V. From the Spartan 3E datasheet, I know that I have to look for the gain first (for the pre-amp).
I use this formula to calculate it >> (ADC input range) / (peak-to-peak MQ-7 voltage)

For 5V,
2.5 / ((5* 2^0.5) * 2) = 0.12
To avoid clipping, the gain should not exceed 0.12. So, (according to Table 10-2) the gain is 0

For 1.4V,
2.5 / ((1.4* 2^0.5) * 2) = 0.63
To avoid clipping, the gain is 0

What should I do? I personally think that they should be different. Is this okay or not? Or I have totally wrong understanding about this?
Thank you very much for your explanation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back