Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source follower : Vout max/min , SR, Rout

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinow

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rout of source follower

I really need help in solving the following question. It is a source follower and we have to find Vout max/min , neg SR, positive SR, and Rout.

Please help me out

I have attached the image below and in the attachment

71_1174107785.gif
[/img]

Vout,min=-2.5+Vsg
Vout,max=200uAx10kOhm
SR+=200uA/50pF
SR- is very large
Rout=1/gm

Hello, Could you please help me in a more elaborate answer please? I really appreciate your assistance

when input Vin reach to -2.5, output voltage is lowest, at the time the current 200uA flow through the MOS and the resistor 10kOhm
when input Vin reach to +2.5, output voltage is highest, the MOS cuts off, the current 200uA flow into the resistor 10kOhm
when input Vin step from -2.5 to +2.5, SR+ equal to the current which flow through the MOS formerly divided by the capacitor 50pF(the current can be less than 200uA)
when input Vin step from +2.5 to -2.5, the MOS reach to ON state from Cut-off state, and can draw very large current, so SR- is very large
for the MOS work in saturation region, the output resistor is 1/gm approximately
good luck

isnt vout, min = -2.5+vsd,sat?

Status
Not open for further replies.