Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some question about step motor diver and the chip UPD16835

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceplanet

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there some guy here done sth about step motor driver, i have confused by the use of chip UPD16835 of NEC. Since it has use feedback circuit(Rs and comparator) to fuction PWM, then what is the fuction of chopper in the chip.
Hope somebody to give me some advice, thanks for advance.

First, thanks for advices. ULC2803 is a good choice to built H-bridge to drive step motor, but i concern more about the control circuit of H-bridge. Such as PWM control, feedback of current sensing, and so on. These tecnologies is applied in UPD16835, but i don't know how it fuction. i have read the datasheet of UPD16835, but i am confused.

Re: some question about step motor diver and the chip UPD168

there is 1 IC named L293D

just read this and see if it is good for you. I think it would solve your problem.
Little busy with office work. need some time to go through your pdf file and surely give you a solution. give me 2 days time,

it is a good choice to use L293 along with LM339 to built a step motor driver with feed back circuit, i think. But i think it is difficult for L293 to realize microstep control which UPD16835 can do.

long for your advice. ^_^

reading the pdf for your requirement, but this is also good. will come back for your querry.

Thanks for always concern sbout my topic. Now considering the complexity of upd16835, i have tend to other chips. Read the pdf you offered, it is good, but still beyond my need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back