Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] step-by-step method for C2000 Ti microcontroller?

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear learners,
Can someone guide a step-by-step method to get started working on TI uC like TMS320F28xxx series of controllers as a beginner, I find it a little difficult to understand the way I need to create a blank project adding libraries and start to use those libraries to work on my application. Is there any textbook, application notes, reference, or YouTube video series?

I also find it difficult to understand the memory configuration file (.cmd file).

Thank you.

Hello!

Ti has usually evaluation boards and sample source code. Did you try on TI's website?
There are many application notes, I'm sure they have what you want.

Dora.

Dear learners,
Can someone guide a step-by-step method to get started working on TI uC like TMS320F28xxx series of controllers as a beginner, I find it a little difficult to understand the way I need to create a blank project adding libraries and start to use those libraries to work on my application. Is there any textbook, application notes, reference, or YouTube video series?

I also find it difficult to understand the memory configuration file (.cmd file).

Thank you.

I have bought one board from Ti which is a launchXL F28379D delfino board. I have gone through several videos from TI's tutorial to YouTube videos, but matter of fact all the references are not streamlined enough to make sense altogether. Is there any book that is similar to Mohammad Ali Mazidi's for ARM cores?

Then take a step back. What are you trying to achieve? Learning about a new MCU, learning embedded programming or what?
Looking at the TI web site and some other links that a Google search shows, there are a number of example applications available. I even found one in GitHub. Have a look at those and see if you can understand what they are doing.
Also start small - I would imagine that a 'flash a LED' program would not need very many (if any - but I don't know that environment) libraries. Then build up from there.
Susan

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: