Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some problems using cree device models in ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowell Tiger

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently I am trying to design a power amplifier with models from Cree’s /Wolfspeed’s while there is something strange. As you can see, when I use FET Curve Tracker in ADS to check the I-V curve of CG2H40010F, I find that there is a huge difference between the old and new model, The curves of new model seems strange when 0<Vds<30V.

old model.png

new mdel.png

The old model seems right cause it's similar to some other models I have ever used. There should not be problems with those models because I downloaded them from official website. Is this right or did I do something wrong? It would be nice if you could tell me some information about this.
--- Updated ---

PS: If I set VDN of the new model to 4V, the curves will changce, and it's just like the old model, but change the VDN of the old model won't make any difference.

Last edited:

After the device has been in use for a while, could it be that its performance changes in the field? And the manufacturer receives reports of revised data, so they produced a revised graph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back