Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some follwed beeps gives without stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolasjr

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thank you,... this laptop compaq 6735b have win 7 installed and I need to change it x another s/o win 7 ULTIMATE,.. does it happen that when starting up for the installation cd and to begin the format the LAPTOP some followed beeps gives without stopping,... when not knowing the reason I did stop the operation...., could you help me? .... which the reason of these sounds can be? ... thank you 1000

check your keyboard , any key button struck inside or dust inside the key.

If cannot, you can try to reformat, but check your hardware 1st. :) any blue screen of death?

Does the laptop boot into the old operating system successfully, or does it beep then as well?
The beeping is from the BIOS and indicates an error when the system cannot report it any other way (for example video has failed or is not running yet). Who manufactured your BIOS chip? search the web for "{bios manufacturer} or {computer manufacturer} bios beep codes" for possible explanations. I found one reference that continuous beeping with a Phoenix bios indicates keyboard failure... another for Award bios in HP systems indicate system failure, such as overheating... (perhaps a fan blew?)
Hope this helps

Does the laptop boot into the old operating system successfully, or does it beep then as well?
The beeping is from the BIOS and indicates an error when the system cannot report it any other way (for example video has failed or is not running yet). Who manufactured your BIOS chip? search the web for "{bios manufacturer} or {computer manufacturer} bios beep codes" for possible explanations. I found one reference that continuous beeping with a Phoenix bios indicates keyboard failure... another for Award bios in HP systems indicate system failure, such as overheating... (perhaps a fan blew?)
Hope this helps

-----------

Hi,
There are cases where If RAM is not placed properly, you may get this Beep error. Try check your RAM.

---------- Post added at 10:55 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Hi,
There are cases where If RAM is not placed properly, you may get this Beep error. Try check your RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back