Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solving 2D problem w/ xFDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurora9520

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

Is it possible to solve a 2D problem using xFDTD, e.g. a simple waveguide problem?
Since it should be the same along the z direction, I wonder if I can shrink the problem to just a 2D problem?

Thanks a lot!

aurora

hi aurora9520 i advice u that u draw ur schematic using cad program and export it to step or sat format that xfdtd accept it that i try xfdtd 2d ,it is very poor and only for planar not 3d structure

Thanks, abdoeng!

Another question, what should I use if I need to simulate a circuit loop? What does it mean if I choose a thin wire to be magnetic? Does it then stand for a magnetic dipole?

Thanks so much for your help~~

aurora9520 said:
Thanks, abdoeng!

Another question, what should I use if I need to simulate a circuit loop? What does it mean if I choose a thin wire to be magnetic? Does it then stand for a magnetic dipole?

Thanks so much for your help~~
hi aurora9520,i understand from ur message that u need to simulate a magnetic loop!,no problem just select the loop material to be magnetic and be care to put ur port,if u have problem,send me ur file,i have xfdtd6.3,any help reply me SM

Thanks, abdoeng for your reply!

Actually I am just trying to model two current loops and their mutual inductances. Also the S parameters.

But I don't know how I should model a circular circuit in xFDTD? I will try to upload my design once I figure out how to do it..

I am starting to use xfdtd6.3. sorry for all the questions~

Hi abdoeng and everyone,

I tried to setup my model to calculate the S21 between two current loops. Please help me check if I make any mistakes?

I am not quite sure if I can model the current loop like this?

Thanks so much in advance!

aurora

hi aurora9520,i see ur design,why u use dielectric?
tell me ur loop dimension,separation,ur band of interest

abdoeng said:
hi aurora9520,i see ur design,why u use dielectric?
tell me ur loop dimension,separation,ur band of interest

Hi abdoeng,

Ideally I want to model a circular loop w/ radius 1mm, but in xFDTD I can only build a square loop w/ size ~1.7mm
Separation is 1.5cm, and frequency band in the GHz region

From the manual, I think the Gaussian Derivative is what I should use to avoid DC parts?

Also, the dielectric is there as part of the problem.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back