Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solid state circuit breaker for dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravit245

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI ,

I want to model solid state circuit breaker for dc.
Please provide me some reference for this model.

Thanks
ravi

I don't think I've ever heard of a DC breaker. Are you sure you're not talking about a crowbar circuit?

I'm not aware of any products of this kind. DC overcurrent limiting circuits with shutdown function can be often found in power supply circuits.

1502_DD_main.jpg
overcurrent limiting circuits use in chin powersupply

thanks for ur circuit tanveerriaz
if u have some material please provide the ref

Regards
ravi

Just so you know, a current limiting circuit and a breaker are two completely different devices. A breaker is a switch that actually disconnects the load from the source after a fault condition. A current limit does not, and requires a voltage drop in your source. Do you need actual breaker functionality or do you only need a current limit?

i need circuit breaker circuit only

Dear ravit245
Hi
breaker circuits are easy to design , and no problem with them , but how much is your power and voltage and your current ? and where is your circuit ? and where is the place that you want control ? ( which section )
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

You can use a switch such as MOSFET or BJT. Then, you need a means of sensing the current. A shunt can be used. But a hall-effect sensor would be more accurate. The circuit could be powered off the input voltage and the MOSFET/BJT/switch turned off when current exceeds a certain limit. You can use a microcontroller for this, or even a simple comparator circuit. You can use the MOSFET in low-side configuration to avoid hassle related to high-side switching.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.