Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Solder mask defined pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunmaran10

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am using 81 pin WLCSP package IC. In socket recommended pad dia is 0.3mm. But for 0.4mm pitch suggested pads is 0.265mm pad.

This is not matter for socket still i have to connect 2,3 pads diagonally in top layer. To do this i have to reduce some pad size. I need to know whether different pad size will affect assembly. Because i have doubt that there may be chance of short with adjacent pads during wave or re flow soldering if we have different pad size.

This is the case if i want to solder device in socket board.

Regards,
Arunmaran

Can you please tell what's the Pitch of your WLCSP package and send some snapshot of your socket.

Reg assembly Issue: Pls check with your assembly house depends upon her capability only we will decide.

Yes different pad sizes will affect assembly.
This device will have to be reflowed, you are not going to wave solder a device of this pitch.....
Why do you have to reduce the pad size to join the pads?

Hi Marce,
Because 0f 3.5mill trace width/spacing i have to reduce pad size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back