Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS controller from Silicon Chip magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
why not base on the information provided and make your own subroutine?

jojokatada said:
why not base on the information provided and make your own subroutine?

How about you make the subroutine and stop answering queries on Nokia phones communication about AT becaue nokia phone will not support AT via cable without DL3P, I see you are just posting because you want to earn point but not really contribute to the community!

Back to the topic, I emailed the ditor and replied to me that the source file for this project and he said there is no point of sharing the code because not everybody will understand the code and confusion will just arise as I see it.

The code for the said project in Silicon Chip is in assembly.

Glenjoy
you are correct a part there everybody in this forum to post message in order to earn points i don't think you are an exeption

my point is why not make your own and try to ask others. so that what you make could be easy for you to understand since every programmer has there own style.

for your information i am sucessful make an DLR -3p data cable using an max3232 and a pic16f84a ( i just download the schematic and source code some where in the net)

i sent an at command through hyperterminal the phone reply ok phone i used 7110

I am not asking for a DLR3P cable, what I am interested is the FBUS subtoutines, I am here not for POINTS but for ideas to share and also to receive.

glenjoy it seems to me that using an ericcson phone for sending SMS is easy. any microcontroller can be easily interfaced with an ericcson. so why go the hard way??

okay i agree that nokia phones are more popular. but ericcson phones are more cheap than nokia phones.

have you thought about using an ericcson phone. or is there some really good reason why you dont want to use an ericcson phone

Hi,

Yes ericsson phone is very popular too, cheap than Nokia phones? I don't think so in our country. Here Nokia phone is very cheap and easier to acquire.

My main reason why I do not want to use ericsson phone for the design is that it is hard to find a cable for the said phone.

Thanks.

Glenjoy

The DLR-3P is the other name for FBUS if you take a closer look it use a fullduplex upto 19200 baud rate

Hi,

DLR3P is not the FBUS, DLR3P has a microcontroller in it where as FBUS does not have.

DLR3P can do more function than the FBUS cable. maybe your are talkign about DAU9 cable.

glenjoy said:
Hi,

DLR3P is not the FBUS, DLR3P has a microcontroller in it where as FBUS does not have.

DLR3P can do more function than the FBUS cable. maybe your are talkign about DAU9 cable.

yeah but if you are using DAU9 it will not work on hyperterminal when use to test AT command

i think nokia they are hide the protocol

I know it will not work so no point of telling me about it. If I am planning to use DLR3P cable, I should have not posted here about Nokia FBUS the first time.

I am looking for FBUS and not DLR3P, DLR3P cable only supports few phones, unlike FBUS.

hai...i just built one set for this project through article from the magazine(silicon). do any body have the asm file? or do anybody modified this project?

i want to interface this project with my pc or else with a pieces of LCD ..any idea huh? ithink we need to modified the code and the hardware also...help me plz..

tq

Thanks to TeeSee who had noticed that the 8th page (page number 33) is missing I am submitting it here. Sorry for any inconvinienced caused.

glenjoy said:
Hi,

Not a very good link, it is for ericcson wherein most of the users here seeking for nokia fbus codes had seen.

What we need is an fbus subroutines in C or basic.
Maybe this is what you're looking for..

**broken link removed**

please anyone help me... i need some example for decoding/encoding SMS for uc 89c2051...

why i can't receive char from my wavecom modem?

hi,
i want to send SMS through nokia by using f buss from hyper or microcontroller ,i have problem how to make interface between nokia phones (support fbuss) & pic or hyper , i want just to know how configration the fbuss to make the phone accept the AT command from hyper

Added after 10 minutes:

hi rchinthaka , i see that web before & read it but the problem is he didn't say how make syncronize between fbuss & microcontroller (he just say you must send first "u" 128 time, i try this ,however no think happen

I am trying to connect NOkia 3310 to AVR. Try the following circuit and source code in Basic which is using Nokia 5510. Plz try and also inform me.

Status
Not open for further replies.