Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smith Chart exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

PostMortem

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I have a question regarding the Smith Chart. I have this exercise where it gives me the scattering parametres( not sure if that's what they are called in english) and i have to calculate the Γout, Γin etc. which i did, it also gives me the Q constant, so i have to put those on the Smith chart to get a circuit for that. My question is this: I know that after i draw the Q constant and place the Γout on the smith chart i have to connect those and work my way to the centre of the smith chart but how do i continue after the first line ? Do i choose the lines randomly or is there a certain way? Do i work only on the red lines or the blue lines? Or both? How do i choose which to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.