Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exercise about designing Wimax telecommunications system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PostMortem

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone
I study electronics in Greece and I have some questions about an exercise. The exercise is here: http://www.teiath.gr/userfiles/s.athinaios/documents/trapeza_thematwn/2011_12_xeim/feb_12_rh.pdf

It's in greek so i'm gonna try to translate it for you.

α. According to the following picture design a telecommunications system that offers Wimax services in 3,5 GHz to the regions A, B and C.
The specifications of the Wimax transmitter are Power(out)=1W, sensitivity=90dBw and bandwidth=40MHz.
β. Design and explain the radiation pattern of the antenna of the telecommunication centre. (ΤΚ in the picture is the telecommunications centre)
γ. The telecommunications centre is located on 37 49' 9'' N 22 39' 49'' E and it is being used as an telecommunications nodal point broadcasting sattelite programs of the HellasSat that is located on 39 E and is 35000km away from the telecommunications centre, through the Wimax system you designed. Calculate the specifications of the antenna of the nodal point (gateway) if the EIRP is 41 dBw.

I have calculated the specifications in question γ but i don't know how to design and explain the radiation pattern and where to put the reception antenna or what else to do in the design of the telecommunications system...Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.