Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sine-wave to square-wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

perado

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to transform an input low power sine-wave to a square-wave suitable for switching a transistor, I want to know all circuit topologies that can do it and which one is the best?

You can use push pull, controlling gate timming in order to filter all than first odd harmonics.

+++

why filter!? I want to transform sine to square not square to sine

You can use a simple comparator...

You can rectified the sinewave signal and pass it through a schmit triger or use a simple comparator.

A comparator would be your simplest approach, but finding one with enough output capability to drive a transistor might require additional circuits, depending on the output configuration of your comparator. Using an op-amp with super-high gain and a little hysteresis might do the trick: a rail-to-rail swing to create the square wave, and a little deadband near zero-crossing to keep the crossover point clean from noise).

An op-amp buffer amplifier may also be useful, depending on how hard/fast you need to drive the transistor. Additionally, you could go with a Darlington pair for the transistor, or double-up your transistor count and make your own pseudo-Darlington arrangement to boost the current driving the output transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back