Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sine wave genrator output

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauday

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have to generate a sine wave which sweeps from 0-22V at frequency 50 Hz using a 23V DC input, can you help me with the circuit diagram and what exactly does "sweeps from 0-22V at frequency 50 Hz" mean ? little urgent, any help is appreciated . Thank you

I think I have to ask YOU what "sweeps from 0-22..." means. It doesn't mean anything. Maybe you are missing some words like" 50Hz/volt". And a sine wave doesn't "sweep" from 0-22V; it might have an AMPLITUDE of 22V. I think you need to go back and find out what the question really is.

Maybe this is an AMPLITUDE control, not a FREQUENCY control?

im sorry this what my prof. asked us to do....he said " generate a sine wave or a triangular wave which sweeps from 0-22V at 50Hz.....the input im given is 23V.

May be what you are looking is amplitude modulation. In this amplitude changes with a sine wave(generally) but amplitude remain constant.

If this is what you are looking for, then the remaining part is very simple.

I don't hear about modulation, just unipolar 22 volt peak-to-peak sine or triangle. The term "sweep" is probably misleading.

I don't think that we should give a ready-made homework solution, Sine generator principles have been quite often discussed at Edaboard, start with some own research.

Its not a amplitude modulation Sweeps above 0 means it is not coming under ground line(no negative(clamped up))...
generating a sine wave with a micro controller with a lookup table or something with 50hz...
(some time It may mean the source of AC voltage shd be adjustable to 22V But I dont think so)

The question isn't specific in this regard, but I would rather expect an analog sine or triangle generator. Triangle to sine pulse shaping would be one of the popular candidates by the way, used in most simple function generators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back