Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating Ferroelectret (Emfit) effects on Microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfmona

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi you guys,
im having a bit of a problem, i got a patch antenna design (2.4GHz), and i want to know the effects of placing Emfit ( polypropilane and aluminion on top of the polypropylane) on top of the patch covering 1/2 along the resonant dimencion (L) .

i know that polypropilane its a dielectric with a low permitivity (1.2-1.3), and aluminium is a conductor so in theory my electric field on one part of the radiation edge is gonna be absobrb, but the other part is gonna radiate just the same, this would have an effect on the radiation pattern,i guess its gonna be half of what it was, so i tried to run a simulation on HFSS, and the radiation pattern its the same so it dosnt meke sense to me, but when i plot magnitude of E field over the aluminium face it shows that its absorbing the electric field, so basically i dont know whats going on

Layer thikness(Polypropilane) 0.07mm
LayerThickness(aluminium)=150nm ( i assumed that it didnt have no thicksnes)
Boundary condition on aluminium = lossy conductor

this is the HFSS File plz help me :),

Attachments

• Plypropyleno.rar
    35 KB · Views: 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back