Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulating a quarter wavelength transmission line with spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnoraa

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,

i'm trying to run a seemingly simple simulation of finding the width and physical length of a transmission line using spectre for a quarter wavelength transmission line.

1) the simple circuit

1.png

2) checking the phase of S21 @ 60GHz to find the required physical length of a 0.25 lambda using physical length = |phase of S21| * lambda / 360 degrees
it's about -19 degree so the physical length is calculated to be about 471um (which i think it's ridiculously long?)

2.png

3) as for the characteristic impedance, i need a 50 ohm transmission line of course because both ports are 50 ohm (i've set them to default). so I'm going to do a sweep and check the ZM1 to make sure i have 50 for real and 0 for imaginary?

I would like to know whether are my steps right and if not, how can i improve it or there's an alternate way to do it IN CADENCE SPECTRE. Thanks a bunch!

natnoraa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back