Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Customer Flash Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change the baudrate to 115200 :)

hi fusebox

leave your baud rate setting on the downloader at 115200, which is the default for the tool. I have seen some indication of problems when this rate is changed. If I get a chance tomorrow I will get my evb out and see if the same thing happens. Are you downloading via the main or debug port?

Hahaha. You know i was about to say that i had already tested that baud rate then i saw the extra 0
lol 115200 vs 1152000. I wonder how i could have missed that.
I tried 115200 it worked. I am now banging my head against the wall so that i never make a similar mistake

Szempy!, Chipseller! thanks alot guys. I owe you one :grin:

Sorry to go off topic, but has anyone managed to receive MMS messages with these latest SIM900 firmwires?
I keep getting errors for all MMS AT commands. Any Leads?

Hi All,
I managed to get a few programs running in the SIM900 using the Embedded AT (EAT) functionality and the API provided. One inconvenience in using EAT is the unavailability of new firmware versions which support EAT functionality. Currently the only firmware version I have that supports EAT is "1137B07SIM900M64_ST.cla". This one actually came with the SimDev IDE which Chipseller (kindly) provided.

I've tried uploading newer firmware versions like "1137B08SIM900M64_ST" and "1137B09SIM900M64_ST" but EAT doesn't function with those. Anyone with a more recent version of the EAT supported firmware? If you have, I'd appreciate a lot if you can share it.

That aside, writing a program to work with EAT turned out to be much trickier than I expected. It's a unique environment, and IMHO SIMCOM guys haven't really thought about user-friendliness when the designed the whole thing. On top of that, their example applications are unnecessarily complicated and documentation is sparse. Any how, after days of tinkering, think I finally got the hang of it. If anyone wants some help in the programming side of EAT, let me know.

Sorry to go off topic, but has anyone managed to receive MMS messages with these latest SIM900 firmwires?
I keep getting errors for all MMS AT commands. Any Leads?

Hi fusebox. The best help I can find is in the mms_at command reference which says that the sim900 mms only works in HTTP protocol and that you need a sim900a, b or d for full functionality. see attached.

Attachments

• SIM900_MMS_AT Command Manual_V1.00.pdf
    285.5 KB · Views: 176

Hello All !

i have 900d module it has 1137B08SIM900M64_ST firmware.

I also find 1137B09SIM900M64_ST new firmware, i will update it with but i want to know about latest firmware.

If new firmware is available then pls. port here.

My problem is with firmware 1137B08SIM900M64_ST

when signal strength is low then 900d will not make gprs connection but same signal strength 300d will create gprs connection (with upgraded firmware)

unfortunately 300d production is stopped by sim then i am moving to 900d

Roshan

Hi Roshan

The 1137B09 is currently the latest firmware build, however there is one now specifically for the 900d. I can't guarantee it will fix your problem though. I suspect you need to improve your antenna or possibly increase the power supply voltage a bit. The 900 takes more current than the 300, so if the supply is being limited it could affect the noise rejection filters a bit

Attachments

• 1137B09SIM900D64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 264
Hi Chipseller,

Thanks for new firmware. i test it & working perfect.

thanks

Hi Chipseller,
how can i get cell broadcast messages.
I used three commands in 900D
AT+CMGF=1

AT+CNMI=2,2,2,0,0

AT+CSCB?

+CSCB: 0,"50","0-255"

OK
but still not working in 900D & best GPRS connection steps to send TCP data to server

any help ?

Last edited:

I don't have an answer for you, Roshan. Try using the AT+CSCB=? test command and check which modes are supported then use the AT+CSCB=<mode>[,<mids>[,<dcss>]] to try and generate the broadcast explicitly. (see the atc reference c 1.04)

If this doesn't work it may be a good idea to start a new thread so more people will see it and be able to respond

Attachments

• SIM900_AT Command Manual_V1.04.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 164

Thanks for your support chipseller

Hii ALL,

I have problem, I downloaded your fimware: 1137B08SIM900M64_ST without any problems (like in instruction) to my SIM900 but now I can not power on this module. Whats hapend??? Please help!!! :x:x

I changed firmware becouse I had older firmwares version: 1137B07SIM900M64_ST and there was problem with some SIMCARDs.

Now What can I do to power on SIM900??? PWRKEY do not work (with connect to GND).
Conection between PWRKEY_OUT and PWRKEY also do not start my SIM900, the NETLIGHTs led do not blink:cry:.

Please help!!!

Last edited:

Hii ALL,

I have problem, I downloaded your fimware: 1137B08SIM900M64_ST without any problems (like in instruction) to my SIM900 but now I can not power on this module. Whats hapend??? Please help!!! :x:x

I changed firmware becouse I had older firmwares version: 1137B07SIM900M64_ST and there was problem with some SIMCARDs.

Now What can I do to power on SIM900??? PWRKEY do not work (with connect to GND).
Conection between PWRKEY_OUT and PWRKEY also do not start my SIM900, the NETLIGHTs led do not blink:cry:.

Please help!!!
I think something went wrong during the upgrade process. Try reloading your old version of firmware. You must make sure that the pwrkey is held on throughout this process. If that works then reload build 08 or build 09 (attached). Also make sure that the power supply is adequate.

Attachments

• 1137B09SIM900M64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 175
  • SIM900_Specification_V1102.pdf
    132.1 KB · Views: 171

hi all,

anyone can give me 1137B06SIM900D64_ST firmware or 1137B10SIM900D64_ST

regards

roshan

Here is B06, Roshan. B10 has only so far been released as the M64 variant. I will post if you wish

Attachments

• 1137B06SIM900D64_ST.rar
    951.7 KB · Views: 167

Dear Sir,

pls. post B10 version.

In version b09,900d, i have AT+CIPCLOSE problem. When i issue command then some times it will not reply with "CLOSE OK"

Roshan

Here is the build you want, along with its release notes.

Attachments

• 1137B10SIM900M64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 520
  • NDA_SIM900M64_ST Firmware Release Note.pdf
    132.4 KB · Views: 284

Hi Chipseller,

Do you know what is the latest version for the SIM900D?
I mean, for the D64 variant.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Sergio Carminitti

Hi Sergio

As of a few moments ago, it is still Build 09, which I think you already have. If not, here is the the link to it

Hi Chipseller,

Do you know what is the latest version for the SIM900D?
I mean, for the D64 variant.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards

Sergio Carminitti

Attachments

• 1137B09SIM900D64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 179

Status
Not open for further replies.