Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shift to vlsi-Experience Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

biswami

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Being in java for nearly 2 years,I would like to make a shift to VLSI now.But the issue is how do I approach a VLSI company.Either they ask for n years of experience in tools/languages...or they need freshers.I have exp in java....although I personally learn vhdl.Again,I am no longer a fresher(ECE passout in 2005).As such ,I may not even be called for the written test,forget the interview.

Are you aware of people joining VLSI industry under a similar situation?I need to have a plan to break this experience jinx.Or do you think this is a hopeless endeavour??Thanks a lot in advance for your inputs.

I am looking forward to ur comments....

hi
could u please tell me how did u learn vhdl on ur own? what books and sites did u follow?

cheers
skr

Aldec has good tutorials...I have followed them

Status
Not open for further replies.