Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SG 3525 with PI compensator connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya it might resemble but it will not take much time(i guess)...I am using NTC because my only concern as of now is inrush current limitation....Any suggestion is really appreciated....

Today i purchased NTC of (16ohm,4 amp) ,is it sufficient for controlling the inrush??
Is there any software where we can simulate effect of NTC???Below is my schematic..The current rating at POINTA is arnd 1.2A(peak)

Attachments

• NTC.pdf
    12.4 KB · Views: 62

Did you find out where that inrush current is coming from? An inrush current (by definition) only occurs at start up. As far as I know, you did mention that you were measuring a steady high current.

You better keep investigate what's generating that higher current. If there's some sort of shortcircuit condition, it might go boom at 110 V.

If the NTC is 16 ohm, the inrush current (let's call it the start up current) will be limited to 7 A only (110/16). Is that enough?

You might use a simple fuse, though.

1)yes that was because of my increasing the voltage slowly(with maximum duty ratio being applied)

2)i am planning to use 2 NTCs in series for limiting the current further(3.43 rms).....will that be wise enough??

3)I am planning to use 5A fuse for protection...

You need to implement soft start on your control IC, you need to post your "working" circuits so they can be commented on, there are people on this site you can give you all the answers - but they can't if they can't see what you are trying to do....

Status
Not open for further replies.