Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setup ddd debugger for systemC

Status
Not open for further replies.

skynet

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
debugging systemc code gdb

Can anyone help me in how to use ddd debugger in debugging systemC code?

using gdb with systemc

ddd is just a graphical front end for a debugger. If you know how to use something like gdb, it is the same.

systemc debugger

Hi mint, yeah, the ddd is work fine when i open it with my normal C++ execute file, but when i open it with my systemC execute file, it cannot find the source file.

systemc ddd

Hi Skynet, are you using gdb with the ddd? Your sample doesn't use things like dynamic object or threads right? (If you do have it, you can ignore this reply.) That's why you can load it. SystemC uses dynamic objects and threads at the back. If you use gdb, when you run it, you probably see something about cannot find dynamic linker breakpoint function. This problem is caused by strip version of glibc. I suggest you get the system admin help on this. You can try this on your own also

(gdb) set solib-absolute-prefix /nfsroot

Worth a shoot.[/quote]

hi mint, yeah I am using gdb with ddd. I just found out that the execute file did not contain a list point to my source file main.cpp. Instead it pointed to init.c. I really not sure how come this cannot be happen. I agree with you about it had been stripped by glibc, which version you feel that i should install?

This thing had been bother me for couple of days, anyone of you having the same problem? I know that this won't be happen if we use Visual C++, my company having no plan to buy it :cry:

I'm facing the problem of not being able to call my module from inside the MAIN function .. in other words, I have instantiated my module inside the main, then triggered the inputs of the module from inside the main, but nothing is happening !! .. I can't navigate to reach my design file and see what's happining ! .. the DDD just runs the main only .. it doesn't navigate thru the rest of the design files !!! ..

why is that ? .. and how can we solve it ! ..
If DDD is not gonna work fine, what is the substitute for it ?

Hi..for debugging ,go to Vista fa SystemC IDE from Summit design.its has gdb integrated,it has its own waveform,TLM viewer.I guess it solves ur problems
Regards
shashi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back