Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensor circuit connect to the fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

czech

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
connect dc fan to circuit

hi,i'm working on a project that when a fan doesn't detect any movement it will automatically 'off' by itself. i'm using a motion detector and 555 timer.the problem is that i'm not sure how to connect the circuit to any common fan.please help me.thank you very much.

moc3010 application circuit for 230vac

Use a relay to control the fan
The output of your circuit should control the relay and relay contacts should be wired as switch in the supply of the fan.
Make sure you have driving circuit for relay in your circuit a 555 wont be able to drive the relay directly

You can use a relay, but if you would like to experiment a little bit and costruct a small contact-less circuit, take a look at the the circuit below ..
More info on MOC3010 optocoupler can be found here: **broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

czech

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
bro's... thnx for the reply... it help me in a way or another... i have another qn that i nid some clarifications.... my circuit is done with the soldering and etc on the PCB board... so u mean to say that i need a relay to connect my circuit to the 240VAC supply of the fan or is it not? my Circuit that i used already have a relay... i need help in this... my deadline is in a few weeks time.. please help me. thank you.

If you already have a relay that is capable of switching 240V@ Fan's power rating, you don't need another relay to duplicate its function ..

If you have schematic of that circuit you can post it here for comments/assesment ..

Regards,
IanP

hi..... thanks for the reply... i do have the picture of the done circuit but not the schematic diagram... will post the pic later.... here are the requirements of the sensor fan that i nid to do as part of my project:

A. Make a power supply circuit for the sensor.
B. Your sensor circuit should control an oscillatory fan.
C. the oscillatory fan must be power by 230Vac (the lecturer insists on using the ac fan instead of the dc fan).
D. Package all the control circuit, power supply circuit into a "Black Box".

the problem is that i do not have much knowledge about electrical and electronics... because im only taking elective and has to do the project. i nid help in the A, B and C. i nid advise... help really appreciated.. thanks :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back