Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

s6e1c32 programming flash not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossboss

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a s6e1c32b0agp20000, and I am trying to program the flash over sw-dp interface. The sw-dp is fully functional, and I have complete access to the micro's memory map. I proved this by accessing the GPIO registers over sw-dp to enable an LED, as well as reading unique ID registers, and I've halted the CPU.

I am trying to follow the algorithm in document 002-05028 Rev C to program a single flash byte. I have already performed the erase command, and verified that the flash memory reverted to all 0xffffffff. However, when I follow the write command sequence in table 1-2, the data never changes.

The exact sequence I am using is: writeByte(0xaa8,0xaa), writeByte(0x554,0x55), writeByte(0xaa8,0xa0), writeByte(0x000,0x12)

So at that point I would expect the byte at address 0 to become 0x12, but it stays at 0xff.

Other things I've checked: I checked the Flash Security Code registers, which can lock you out, but it reads all F's as well. I believe that since this is not the exact value 0x00100000, it should be unlocked.

Also, I have verified that writeByte is truly performing an 8-bit access as opposed to a 32-bit access.

Also, I've checked the flash status register immediately after writing the 4th command sequence byte, and it remains at a value of 0x01 (Ready flag asserted). So no obvious issues there.

Does anyone know if there's an additional step I should perform, or any reason why all commands work except writing to flash?

Looks like I was using the wrong programming manual all along. The sequence is similar, but the exact values are slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back