Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

S11parameter conversion from time domain into frequency domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahin Alam

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, good morning to everyone. So to say, I am a beginner in antenna design and digital signal processing using CST and MATLAB. I am unable to do IFT of S11 parameter. How can I convert S11 parameter(CST) using CST from the time domain into frequency domain for further processing using CST or MATLAB?

Advanced thanks to all......

scattering parameters are always frequency domain parameters. In so far "convert S11 parameter... from the time domain into frequency domain" makes no sense. Calculating a simulated TDR response from S11 measurement by means of IFT (= converting from frequency domain to time domain) is possible and provided by advanced VNA instruments.

EM solvers like CST working in time domain do that FFT internally. Internal calculation is time domain, but resulting S-parameters are already the converted frequency domain results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back