Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running more than one vhdl codes in fga at a same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

nytman

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear sir/madam,

i was trying to process more than one vhdl code's(means its bit file) in vertix 5 fpga at a same time, but unable to do so, can any one help me and suggest me how could i approach.
Waiting for reply.

nytman,
Sounds to me like you need to wrap all the VHDL code into a single entity. You can only load one bit file into an FPGA at a time.

Hope that helps
Sckoarn

Yep,

you can dump a single bit file onto a specific fpga board.If you want to have two vhdl codes to be used for dumping...then you should write a top entity for these two designs and then generate a bit file to target on a FPGA

Thanku Sckoarn and Phoenixpavan.....u both make my doubt clear.......and one more question i have....what about DSP48E in Vertix5....i think we may use it for running things parallely.....if yes then how??
Thank you in advance....waiting for your reply.

Hi nytman..

I think the board in question can support parallel connectivity...why don't you please check with the documentation of the board once..

Yep,

you can dump a single bit file onto a specific fpga board.If you want to have two vhdl codes to be used for dumping...then you should write a top entity for these two designs and then generate a bit file to target on a FPGA

i remember can setting using the ISE tool,configure the download mode, configure downloading sram connected serially :{sram(.sof)}-{sram.sof}-{sram.sof} .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back