Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rtran replacement in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaled Ibrahim

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
verilog rtran

How can we replace "rtran" in a Verilog code to describe a simple resistor?? "rtran" is not supported by modelsim, and I didn't find how to model the resistor without it yet!!!

code ex:

module test (a, b);
inout a, b;
rtran (a, b);
endmodule

rtran verilog

I don't know much about bidirectional switches in Verilog, but rtran seems to work fine in ModelSim SE 6.2a.

I noticed that you posted your question to the FPGA/CPLD forum. Beware that bidirectional switches such as rtran can't be synthesized in these devices.

rtran doesn't behave like an analog resistor. Do you call it a resistor because of its strength reduction?

verilog code for resistor

yes, you're right. it works fine in modelsim, but actually i'm using it in a eldo-on-top structure and simulating with ADVance MS to interface the verilog to vhdl.. i get a warning that the nets connected to the primitive "rtran" might not function correctly when connected to a vhdl signal! and so i was searching for a replacement!!

I know it's not synthesizable, i just want a simple model..i didn't know where else to post a question about Verilog! :)

please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back