Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Rotor controller indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjpompeo

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear colleges,

I need a controller to my antenna's rotor or a pic with 36 digital input and 2 output in the antenna side and 36 output and 2 input in the station side and the connection using a two wire (possible but not necessary RS485 or any other..).

Fernando - Call sign PU2PLL

So, you basically need something with 76 I/O. I'm not sure there are any reasonably priced off-the-shelf solutions with that much I/O (you don't mention voltage, current, speed or any other parameters).

If it was me, I would probably buy some inexpensive development board and design my own I/O board.

Hi,

To me it's not clear what you need.
Maybe you could tell a little more for what you need that much I/O.
A little sketch could help, too.

Klaus

I think, although not explained, the application is quite obvious: 36 * 10 degree antenna rotor position sensing, motor fwd/rev control. Without using IO expander or mux techniques, e.g. a 64 pin PIC18 can do at both ends of the control circuit.

Knowing a bit more about connected sensors and actors, we could suggest methods to reduce processor IO count.

Sounds like a job for lots of I2C port expanders and a small MCU but I agree with Barry and Klaus, what you ask for seems very excessive for a rotator controller. Please explain why so many inputs and outputs are needed.

Brian.

If the station side is essentially a LED position indicator with control buttons, you can use a 6x6 mux scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.