Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RN42 to HC06 Bluetooth connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonibco

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I´m actually checking the Bluetooth connectivity among the RN42 BT card (as a Master) and HC06 card (as a slave). I´m using Coolterm platform in order to register the RN42 commands to manage the connectivity. It seems everything is working properly using different commands, until I entry the BT connectivity command (C,<address>), which it indicates the connection is done (at least I think so) like:

TRYING
conn
CONNECT,201307182757,0

and then the platform is blocked, so that I cannot entry any other command...since I am not able to do anything, unless I reset the Coolterm platform as well as plug out and in the USB cables, power supply, so on...
What can I do? Could you please help me with it?

Many thanks,

Toni

Command RN42 Bluetooth module

Hi,

I have just connected the RN42 BT module as a Master with HC06 BT module (as a slave), everything works properly so far. The command I am using in order to pair both BT modules is ( C,<address> ), however, now I would like to go a step further connecting them as the following way:

Master module will check if there is any MAC address available, if so, read the MAC address, and then, I will connect them as the same way than I usually do (C,<address>).

Could anybody help me with the command mode in order to check the available MAC address, since I was no able to find out which command could fit properly for it,please?

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Command RN42 Bluetooth module

Hi all,

I am actually trying to connect a BT connexion among the RN42-I/RM:Module BT Class 2 module, to another different BT modules (HC06,Mistumi). However, to pair them is being unsuccesful because of the RN42 firmware version v.15. So, I should upgrade the firmware to solve the issue. Buying another RN42 BT module with the firmware v.30 already upgraded is the recommendation which the Microchip Technical advisor provided me, that concerns me a lot.

The pairing is Ok when I do it from a Samsung mobile, however, it's not possible from my RN42 module, since it shows a 'Connect failed' warning on the command platform (Coolterm) within every pairing I try.

So,

- Anyone could help me with the RN42 module v.15 firmware upgrade in order
to solve it?
- Where/How may I download the v.30 firmware?
- Which steps/configurations should I take,then?

Thank you very much

Toni

Status
Not open for further replies.