Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB/LVDS Interface with host controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhavpawar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have P2Grade Embedded Main Board BS-PCC-3668 (Xilinx based). As per datasheet, xilinx board has LVDS pins on one of it's connector CN2.

I am trying to interface LCD with 24 Bits RGB interface over LVDS interface of Xilinx board.

So, if I plan to use LVDS pins of controller from Xilinx Board and if LCD has‎ 24 bit RGB interface then do I need to use IC SN75LVDS86A which is Flatlink receiver?

But as it's name suggests SN75LVDS86A is Flatlink receiver, so I'm curious where is Flatlink transmitter then? Is it inside Xlinx board which I'm using (inside microcontroller, so micro-controller will take care itself?)?

I am newbie to this kind of interfacing so please someone explain me this.

Thanks in advance.

Huh? :?: Says here (and in a few other places) that this is a PC/104 board with AMD Geode LX800 and CS5536A chipset? No Xilinx part in sight...

From the specs:
Support on board TFT/LVDS LCD panel.
So those LVDS pins would simply be a monitor connection, right? To hook up to an LCD panel with that type of connector.
Didn't you get a manual with this board?

Yes the FPGA can directly drive the LVDS and then near the LCD you need to have LVDS receiver. However I would recommend to use external LVDS driver
**broken link removed**

for receiver you may use:https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ds90cf384aq-q1.pdf

What FPGA are you referring to? as RetroTechie pointed out the board isn't an FPGA board at all, it's a PC/104 main board for embedded applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back