Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rfid based attendance register

Status
Not open for further replies.

microlab

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rfid attendance register

hai all
i would like to design an rfid based attendance register
where i need a read range of 1-1.5 meter
the tags caould be active or passive
the main hurdle i think is antenna design
i would like to get some inputs from the people
who had experiance on this field

thanking you

ml

I'm looking for a similar solution for about 6m. Unfortunately they are very expensive. I've recieved an offer for a kit which cost 1300 Euro. The kit is UHF (within the gsm band) based on Atmel's chip.
The cheap and small concepts like Proximity and Visciniti cards are just not working at such range.
If you have an idea how to make such antenna, or any smart idea that could be implemented, I'll be glad to discuss it!

rfid for attendence registor project

hai all

i am also looking for such application
i think it's difficult to design the system with a read range of more than 1 meter
the antenna itself will cost very high compare to the reader
if there any one who had experiance in designing such systems
i would request to share their experiance with us

regards

sun

r.f.i.d for attedence register

I have actually wanted to work on a project using RFID. but unfortunely, I can't find any portable reader that can be able to operate more than 1 Meter. Unless, maybe U can try to get those very bulky active reader to help U.

The application of this active reader is frequently used in warehouse and logistic management. This was what I have read from my resources, after doing some research.

That is why, my project had became so complicated by adopting RFID concept but using a RF method.

attendance register using rf

HI

for 1 to 1.5 meter you need to work @ 13.56Mhz with passive RFID.

You can find some usefule information in "RFID hand book"
and microchip have a good application notes about anttena design
also TI have a good application notes for anttena design.

this application notes to 13.56Mhz and if you go up in the frequency it will be harder to design the antenna

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

rfid passive attendance register

does not standard for 13.56 MHz specify max 1 meter reading distance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back