Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rf antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayasree jayaraj

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have designed an antenna using CSTstudiosuite 2019 software and also I did gerbers for my design.But i am not getting outline file in my gerber files.My fabricator is asking for outline seperately. As i am new in this i don't know how to take outline from my design in gerbers. please tell how to do outline in gerber files

I presume your antenna substrate has an outline, otherwise its dimensions would be infinite. Isn't it possible to include the substrate boundary in the gerber output? If not, just draw a conture (rectangle, circle, whatsoever) on a supplementary layer and name it outline.

I use ADS to draw board outline. Just take your CST gerbers to the ADS. Then draw with rectangular shape.

If you just want to add an outline, use a gerber tool. The gerber code for a rectangle outline can be even hand written, just a few move and draw commands. I presumed however, you have an actual substrate border in your CST and want to output it as outline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back